Saturday, September 15, 2012

Trip Back in Time

Today the girls and I took a trip to the Chicago History Museum. We have had a membership for the past two or three years but we don't go often enough.
We had a blast! They had a cool new exhibit about magic that we all really enjoyed. They even had an area where the kids could dress up as magicians. Maggie was not too sure about it, but Lucy looked really cute in her cape and top hat.
Maggie loved "driving" an old steam engine and Lucy liked riding on the old "el" car.
They both liked sitting in the hot dog bun too.
When I was little, my family used to go to the History Museum all the time. One of the things that I love most about living in the city I lived in as a little girl is recreating my childhood memories with my own kids. I remember coming to the museum and seeing the dioramas and the Lincoln bed (there was no giant hot dog when I was little). I hope that when the girls grow up, they remember these outings we take and even take their own kids to the museums and around the city.

Side note: We wish that my husband could have come with us but he was busy at clinical for school. (Less than twelve weeks until he graduates!)

No comments:

Post a Comment