Sunday, January 6, 2013

Weekend wrap-up

I have been off work for the past four days and it has been awesome. The best part was that my husband was also off Friday and Sunday so we were really able to get some family time in.
Friday night we went to the Lincoln Park zoo to see the Christmas lights.  It was cold but the girls really enjoyed it. It was kind of fun to see all the animals already sleeping and the zoo looked beautiful.
The girls and I spent Saturday with my aunt and grandma. I am so glad the girls get to spend time with their great grandma and I hope they grow up with great memories of her.
Today we spent most of the day around the house. I took down the Christmas decorations and the tree.  It's always bittersweet for me to put the decorations away but it's time for a fresh start in 2013.
Most importantly, we started painting our kitchen today. We finished the first coat and it looks awesome. I'm so excited for this kitchen project to be over!
Here's a cute shot of the girls coloring while my husband was busy sanding.

No comments:

Post a Comment