Wednesday, February 13, 2013

This old house

Our house is 94 years old.  The people who lived here before us bought the house in 1942 for $7000. They kept the house up beautifully but they did little to update it throughout the years. Although the vintage-ness of it is a big part of what drew us to the house, it also means we still have a lot of work ahead of us.

Last spring we renovated the kitchen. It was a huge project but it is so much better than it was! We now have counters, and a dishwasher, and a refrigerator that's taller than five feet.
This year the big project is our main bathroom. The sink and toilet are probably 50 years old each!

I've also been thinking of repainting the dining room. We painted the whole house in the first two days after we moved in. I picked all the colors out quickly before we even moved in and I didn't really think out the way they would flow.

I'm still deciding which color will look best although I'm leaning towards gray. One thing is for sure, it looks like the girls agree with me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment