Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Girls Day Out

I worked the last four days in a row (which is a big deal for me since I work 12 hour shifts). So today, the girls and I really needed to spend some time together. I could tell that they had really missed me the past few days (Maggie especially) and I really missed them too!
So, today we spent the morning at the Museum of Science and Industry. Since I was a little girl, this has been my favorite museum ever! In recent years, they have a done a lot of work to fix some older exhibits and it is just AWESOME. My husband and I took Maggie when she was about a year old, but it was more for us than for her. Today, she loved it! When we pulled up across the street from the museum, I pointed it out to her and she started yelling "BABY CHICKS, MAMA! BABY CHICKS!" I had been telling her that the baby chicks would be there, but she had not even seen them yet.
I spent the rest of the time there trying to keep up with her as she ran from exhibit to exhibit. She was so excited at one point, that she just started shaking.
When we were finished with the museum, we hit up McDonald's on the way home for lunch. I don't normally eat fast food myself (fried food upsets my stomach) and I rarely feed it to Maggie, but I thought today called for a treat.

Here's the girls trying out the airplane at the museum. Maggie was so excited, she couldn't even sit still for the pictures!

Today is also Lucy's seven month birthday, so we sang Happy Birthday to her and she got to take an extra long bath. (OMG, Lucy loves the bath!)
Now that Maggie is getting older (and Lucy is not far behind!) I think I am going to start taking them for a girls day out once a week or so. It probably won't always involve eating out, but I think it would be a nice way to show them the city. We are so lucky to live so close to so many amazing museums, and I want them to grow up appreciating them.

No comments:

Post a Comment