Saturday, March 3, 2012

Dreams

Two nights ago, Maggie woke up around 3 in the morning crying. When, I stumbled into her room to see what was wrong, she was crying "Bea, Bea". Beatrice is her Winnie the Pooh lovey/ blanket thing that she tells me is her "best friend". I found Bea in the covers and gave it to her, but she kept crying.
I asked her if she had had a bad dream and she nodded her head. I told her that I would tell her a good dream so that the bad dream would go away. She liked this idea, so I laid down next to her and began to make up a story about two princesses named Maggie and Lucy who rode their flying ponies to Grandma and Grandpa's house to play. She LOVED it!! She curled up next to me while I told her the story, and then fell back asleep.
I figured that since I had been half asleep at the time and couldn't remember the incident too clearly, she wouldn't be able to either. Wrong. She not only remembered the whole thing, but now when it is bedtime or naptime, she tells me "Lay down, mama. Dream!" I tried to switch the story up a little bit this afternoon, but she wouldn't have it.
At least there haven't been anymore bad dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment