Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Lazy Days

A huge benefit of my job is that I work three 12 hour shifts a week. This allows me to work full time while still having four days off every week. I get to go to play groups and story times with the girls while still earning a full time income.
On the flip side, 12 hour shifts are loooong. I leave the house at 6:30 in the morning and I don't get home until 8pm. (Although I realize there are people who have hour-ish long commutes who do something similar to this Monday through Friday!)
So when I do have a day off (which means my husband is probably working), I like to take it easy. I always think about how productive I could be during naptime. But the reality is that I like to spend naptime watching TV, playing around on the computer, reading, or even napping.
There are few things nicer than waking up with your kids knowing that you don't have anywhere to go or anything to do all day. We play, we do crafts, we eat, we laugh. It's heaven!

No comments:

Post a Comment