Saturday, January 21, 2012

Snow!

We had a really dry winter here in Chicago up until the last few days. Yesterday it snowed six inches. I was supposed to go into work but I took a mental health day instead. (Plus, I was exhausted from waking up every 90 minutes or so with Lucy). So I slept in until 10 am thanks to my awesome husband and didn't have to drive in the snow.
Of course, now that we have a house with a garage, the snow has become much easier to deal with. I used to have to shovel out parking spaces and parallel park my way into them skidding back and forth on the ice. Now, I just open my garage door and drive right in. Best part of owning a house!!
Maggie and her daddy went outside to shovel the sidewalk and play in the snow yesterday afternoon and Lucy and I stayed inside.
I was starting to worry that we wouldn't get any use out of Maggie's light-up princess snow boots, but I guess I shouldn't have worried. This is Chicago afterall!

No comments:

Post a Comment