Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Winter Warm Up

Last year at this time, Chicago was preparing for the worst blizzard in recent history. We got over 2 feet of snow in 24 hours.
This year, we are on the opposite end of the spectrum. This afternoon, the temp is supposed to get up to 55 degrees. The girls and I went to the park so they could burn off a little steam. Maggie is terrified of the swings and the slides but she loves to run up and down the stairs and to watch the other kids. Lucy loves the swings. I like getting out of the house. I think the fresh air and activity is good for all of us.
Lucy had her six month appointment yesterday where she got three shots, her regular vaccinations plus her flu shot. She has been running a temp and just wants to cuddle and rest. I am trying to get better about putting her down for naps instead of cuddling with her all the time but this week I think the cuddles are more important. I know vaccines are important, but it sucks how hard their little immune systems have to work to fight off these terrible diseases.
Hopefully all the running around will help Maggie take a long nap, so we can all rest well this afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment